To allow more developers to join a conference, we decided to organize a virtual conference in February 2012. The idea is to do this conference in the second or third week of February online. This way everyone on this planet can join us.
So far we plan to have a track for production, design, art (consisting of Art, Animation and Audio), education and programming with several presentations for each track. A call for authors will be send out soon. All the tracks will be recorded and posted on AltDevBlogADay. Attending the conference will be free.
Each presentation will take 60 minutes and we should have room for up to 1000 people in one presentation.
The schedule is
- Call for Presenters goes out today
- Deadline for Proposals is November 30th
- Confirmation e-mails are send out on December 13th
- Finished Presentation needs to be send in on January 8th
- The conference will start on February 12th with a fast forward session that summarizes the talks that will come in the following week
Please send all proposals to
The proposals will be send to the people responsible for the tracks.
The people that are responsible for the content of each of the tracks will be:
Art, Animation and Audio Tracks – Tim Borrelli
Design – Jason Harris
Production – Mike Acton
Programming – Ignacio Castaño, Colin Barré-Brisebois
Education – Luke Dicken, Tyler Coleman, Heather M Decker
We would like to ask you to help us with promoting the idea. We need multipliers that tell their peers about this conference …
Lots of great proposals!!
Art, Animation and Audio Tracks