A year ago ago I signed up to this service, TimeHop, which emails me my tweets and status updates from a year ago, and it has been strangely motivating. To see my growth, challenges and remind me of my goals, my dreams, my successes and my failures.
So this week a year ago I was…
- Listening to this classic song (
- Bitching about it’s lack of ngons, which it now has in dev branch (^_^) Great job guys!
- Which led to this game asset: “You Should be Drawing” post by Mike Jungbluth, with a piece on the Flour Sack doodle. How everyone should doodle old school animation at least once to get a feel for motion and weight in animation… which led to me just wanting to shout from the roof tops.
If you’re reading AltDev, or better yet contributing, you have at least made the first steps. I encourage you to draw up a bucket list or a dream list of stuff you want to do! Try Schemer!
Start your list with some traditional gamedev skills.
- Make “Hello World”
- Make Pong
- Make Particle Fountain
- Draw Flour Sack Animation
- Draw Human Hand
- Model Something on Your Desk
- Invent a Card Game using a normal playing deck
- Make a Boardgame
- Write a Roleplaying Module
Nothing is stopping you extending that list to include:
- Cook a Quiche
- Crochet a Scarf
- Model something out of clay
- Learn to Cat Yodel
There is no such thing as a useless skill! Aspire to be more, learn more, do more! Also being reminded about last year via schemer are not bad places to start.
Everyone I’ve ever met worth anything wanted to me worth more.
P.S. Sorry about the fluffy post but I got super fired up and needed to shout!
P.P.S Also there are similiar services to TimeHop & Schemer. They just happen to be the ones I’m using.
P.P.P.S Should I think things through more and be less impulsive… maybe
P.P.P.P.S I really will do a more technical, solid post next time I promise.
P.P.P.P.P.S: Can you make a recursive Post Script? I wonder…